Snowman Cake Pop #Recipe11:37 AM
Making fun treats with the boys is one of my favorite things to do around the holidays. While we make the traditional favorites like snickerdoodles, we also like to look for fun new recipes to try out. That's why these snowman cake pops are so perfect. Not only are these a delicious treat, but they are adorable and fun to make too. Check out the recipe below, and be sure to share your results if you decide to make some of your own!
- 1 vanilla cake (Either store bought or your own recipe)
- White Icing (Either store bought or your own recipe)
- 1 bag of White Chocolate (I used Wilton White chocolate wafers because they are actually white instead of cream colored)
- 2 TBSP of Shortening
- Semi-sweet Chocolate chips
1. Make the vanilla cake. Once the vanilla cake is cooked and cooled off, break it apart in a large mixing bowl. The cake should be in very small pieces.
2. Once the cake is broken down, add small amounts of white icing to the broken-down cake until it is sticky enough to shape into balls, but firm enough to stay together.
3. Form three balls per Snowman. Make the balls progressively smaller. Once you’ve made all your balls, stick tooth picks in all of them. The tooth picks make them easier to dip
4. Place the balls in the freezer for half an hour. Minutes before you are about to pull the balls out of the freezer, melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Add 1 TBSP of shortening at a time until the chocolate is smooth and fairly runny.
5. Take your balls out of the freezer and set aside. I found it easier to dip the balls if you put the melted white chocolate in a small bowl. Dip every ball in the white chocolate and place on parchment paper. I double dipped the balls once the first layer of Chocolate hardened to make sure the balls were completely white. Place in fridge for 20 minutes to harden the chocolate. Make sure to keep the white chocolate.
6. You can decorate the snowmen however you feel is best or easiest. I double boiled semi-sweet Chocolate chips, put the melted semi-sweets in a Wilton decoration bag, cut the tip of the bag off very slightly and used that to make the face. I recommend decorating the face before placing the head on the snowman
7. Once the chocolate is hard shave off the run-off chocolate where they were placed on the parchment paper. Leave the largest ball on the parchment paper. Dip the second largest ball just slightly in the white chocolate then place on the largest ball for a few seconds. If the second ball is having a hard time staying on, you can shave the top of the largest ball and the bottom of the other two balls to make them flat, they will stick better that way. Once the face in on the head of the snowman, slightly dip the bottom of the head in white chocolate and place on the body, hold for a few second. Make sure to grab the head by the sides to avoid smearing the face.
Have you tried this snowman cake pop recipe with your family? We would love to see how yours turned out, or feel free to share your favorite holiday treats in the comments below!
More holiday recipes you might enjoy!