3 Mason Jar Christmas Gifts for Kids + Free Printable Gift Tags!3:05 PM
I headed out to my local Dollar General the other day to see what gift ideas I could come up with while browsing the aisles. I was immediately drawn to their great selection of holiday mason jars. There were all different sizes and colors, and I immediately knew I wanted to turn some into DIY mason jar Christmas gifts for some kids on my list. So, I picked up some supplies for homemade playdough, some candy and a toy dinosaur for a candy jar, and some random holiday craft supplies to make a Christmas craft kit!
I was so excited to find such adorable items, they even had mini sized glue and colored pencils to fit in a jar for the craft kit. Everything was super affordable too, each of these gifts cost less than $15 to make including the packaging! Check out the tutorials below for the mason jar gifts I was able to put together. You can find these products and more at your local Dollar General.
DIY Mason Jar Candy Jar
- Large Mason Jar
- 1 Plastic toy Dinosaur
- Hot glue gun
- Silver or gold spray paint
- Your choice of candy
- Printable Gift Tag
1. Take your dinosaur outside and spray paint it gold or silver. The color choice is your preference, but gold or silver work best for the holidays. Leave it outside to dry.
2. While the dino is drying, fill the jar with your choice of candy.
Homemade Playdough Gift Jar
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. salt
- 1 c. water
- 2 tsp. cream of tarter
- 1 1/2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- Mason jar
- Printable gift tag
1. Place flour, salt and cream of tarter in a bowl and mix.
5. Print and cut out the included gift tag below and either attach it with twine or print it on sticker paper as we did and attach it to the front of your jar.
DIY Mason Jar Craft Kit
- Wider mouthed mason jar
- Your choice of craft supplies
- Printable gift tag
1. Fill the jar with your selection of craft supplies. There are great choices in the holiday aisle including glitter glue, holiday peel and stick shapes, holiday stickers and more. It looks better if you take items like crayons and colored pencils out of their containers and place them in the jar separately.
These 3 mason jar Christmas gifts for kids make the perfect gifts for the little ones on your list this year. Make one or two, or put together a bunch for a classroom or sport's team. Don't forget to stop by your local Dollar General for the best deals and quality selection. You can also check out their décor on their website.