Easy Mexican-Style Sausage Foil Packet Camping #Recipe6:25 PM
When I am coming up with a new camping recipe, I try to ultilize ingredients that are already cooked, at least partially. The worst thing that could happen is serving undercooked meat, and making everyone sick. That is why fully cooked meats that have built in flavoring are my items of choice when shopping for a camping meal.
Johnsonville Fully Cooked and Smoked Sausage is the perfect ingredient for a camping meal, because not only are they already fully cooked and safe to eat, but they come in a wide range of flavor combinations that means you don't have to bring a load of spices and extras to make them taste good.
Mexican-style Sausage Foil Packet Recipe
- Pre-cooked Mexican or Spanish Flavored Rice
- Onions Sliced
- Bell Peppers Sliced
- Johnsonville Jalapeno and Cheese Smoked Sausage Links (sliced)
- Canola Cooking Spray
- Aluminum Foil
- Shredded Chese (optional)
Instructions:1. Lay a large sheet of aluminum foil down on a table or counter.
2. Spray the side of the aluminum foil that is facing up generously with canola cooking spray.
3. Lay down a generous layer of sliced onions and peppers in the center of the piece of aluminum foil.
5. Put a second layer of aluminum foil on top of the layer of smoked sausage and spray it generously with canola cooking spray.
6. Place a 1/2 cup to a cup of pre-cooked Mexican or Spanish flavored rice on top of that layer of aluminum foil.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.