Fire Up That Grill! - Grilled Salsa Turkey Burger #Recipe3:47 AM
Memorial Day weekend has arrived and I am so excited to be heading down to my sister's house to celebrate with her family and have some fun! The boys love spending time in Central Florida with plenty of fun places to explore, and I love just taking it easy on a long holiday weekend. Most of all though, I love the food that comes along with firing up the grill and cooking out with friends and family!
This weekend, I went in search of a new recipe to try, and came across the perfect one on the Butterball Cookbook Plus app, Grilled Salsa Turkey Burgers. How delicious do those sound. We can't wait to try them out, but I wanted to share the recipe with all of you, in case you might be on the lookout for a new recipe to try this weekend too!
Grilled Salsa Turkey Burgers
- 1package (16 ounces) BUTTERBALL® Fresh Ground Turkey
- ¼ cup mild or medium salsa - ¼ cup crushed baked tortilla chips
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Green leaf lettuce
- Additional salsa (optional)
1. Lightly coat grill with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
2. Combine turkey, 1/4 cup salsa and chips in medium bowl; mix lightly. Form 4 (3/4 - inch thick)patties.
3. Grill over medium-high heat about 6 minutes per side or until no longer pink and center of burgers reaches 165°F as measured with meat thermometer. Top with cheese, if desired, during last 2 minutes of grilling. Toast buns on grill, cut sides down, during last 2 minutes of grilling.
4. Place lettuce on bottom half of each hamburger bun. Add cheese-topped burger and additional salsa, if desired. Cover each with top half of bun.
Looking for more great recipes for Memorial Day weekend? Check out the Butterball Cookbook Plus app. They have a wide range of recipes, even some vegetarian options. I have even found cooking videos and product coupons on there too! It is free to download, and available for both the iPhone and Android.
Have a tried and true Memorial Day recipe that you love to make for your family? I would love if you shared it in the comments below!
This post was written in collaboration with Butterball, all opinions are my own.