5 Travel Destinations for the Christmas Season #FamilyTravel7:00 AM
Do you ever just want to pack up your family and get away for the holidays?! I know it is definitely something I love to do! In fact, the boys and I are in Disney World right now for their holiday festivities. I love to just get away and enjoy the holiday and this special time with my family. Plus, there are so many amazing places throughout the country that do it up big and celebrate Christmas in a very special way! Today, I am going to be sharing with you a few of those places.
1. Santa Claus, IN: I don't think you can get more holiday-like than Santa Claus, IN. Come on now, it is named after the man himself....Santa Claus! Around this small, cheery town you will find all sorts of holiday-related activities, you can visit the Post Office to send Santa a letter at the North Pole, and even meet Santa Claus himself! You will definitely feel the Christmas spirit and feel like a warm-tight knit family during your visit!
2. Metamora, IN: This is another great little town to visit during the holidays in the state of Indiana! You can tell they definitely love the holidays! This town is just filled with tons of great food, drinks, and shops! Most of the shops in this town sell hand-made items and they are great, high quality products that are extremely unique! This is a great place to visit for one-of-a-kind Christmas shopping.
3. Gatlinburg, TN: Gatlinburg is a beautiful city all year round, but it is really something special in the Winter! The city is lit up with Christmas lights, the mountains are covered with snow and there are fun Christmas activities during the Holiday season! Most notable is the annual Christmas parade known as the Fantasy of Lights Christmas Parade! This year will be the 40th year of the parade and it is just a huge celebration for Christmas!
4. Big Bear, CA: Another really great spot to visit is Big Bear Lake, California! I've got to tell you, nothing is more beautiful than seeing the mountains topped with snow! It makes the freezing cold weather a bit better! There are a ton of activities to do on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Big Bear including the Alpine Slide and the Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure. Trust me, Big Bear is definitely a great place to spend your Christmas Holiday!
5. Disney World: Lastly, who wouldn't want to spend their Christmas Holiday at the happiest place on Earth? Disney World is a truly charming place during the Holidays! It is decorated beautifully, there is so much happiness and magic going around! Disney hosts an amazing holiday event know as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas that is held during the dates of November 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, and 29 as well as , 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, and 18th! I'll tell you, there really is no greater and merrier experience than to celebrate your Holiday at Disney World!
All of these places are really magical to visit. Each of them brings the season to life and makes for an ideal Christmas experience! If you're looking for a fun and exciting place to go this Holiday Season, be sure to check out these merry destinations!