50+ Things Every Well-Stocked Pantry Should Have4:31 PM
Are you trying to stock your pantry? You may not have an endless budget for your pantry, but there are several things every well stocked pantry should have. This is especially true if you cook from scratch or eat at home a lot. Here are 50+ things that every well stocked pantry should have! First, you need to have the basics for the regular pantry. Here are the items you don’t want to be without in your pantry.
1. All purpose flour and self-rising flour
2. Sugar- granulated and powdered
3. Spices- fresh and bottled
4. Nonstick spray
5. Salt and Pepper
6. Tomato Paste, Tomato Juice, & Diced Tomatoes
7. Olive oil
8. Vegetable oil
9. Balsamic vinegar,
10. Canned beans, kidney beans, chili beans
11. Rice, lentils,
12. Pasta such as spaghetti, macaroni, and
13. Chicken broth and stock
14. Canned veggies like corn, green beans, peas
15. Canned tuna and canned chicken
16. Nuts- walnuts, peanuts, almonds
17. Potatoes- Canned and fresh
18. Bread crumbs
19. Basic Salad Dressings
20. Ketchup (an extra bottle to have on hand)!
23. Crackers- soup and oyster
24. Peanut butter- crunchy and smooth
25. Assortment of sauces like tobacco sauce, steak sauce, BBQ sauce
26. Variety of dried fruits
27. Inexpensive food like ramen
29. Baking soda, baking powder
30. Vanilla for baking
33. Box of stuffing for just in case
34. Onion, garlic, basil
36. Drinking water, distilled water
After you’ve stocked the dried goods, you’ll want to consider adding the following items to your fridge. Most of the time you’ll need some of these items to complete a meal.
37. Gallon of milk or a ½ gallon, depending on how much you use
38. At least a dozen of eggs
39. Couple sticks of real butter
40. Fresh fruits and veggies (corn, apples, oranges, carrots, collard greens, broccoli, cauliflower,
grapes, cucumber, lettuce)
41. Yogurt (plain or flavored
42. Variety of cheeses.
43. Fruit juice
44. Cream cheese
Here are some items you’ll want to keep in your freezer, for just in case!
47. Frozen Fish and or shrimp
48. Hot dogs, hamburger patties
50. Frozen fruit juice
This list is perfect for those who are buying a new home and need to know what to stock their pantry with. This also works as a nice list for your own house in case you aren’t sure of what to stock your home with. This list also works wonders if you plan on helping someone who has just lost their home to a fire or another natural disaster and they’re starting over.
What would you add to this list?