Slimmed Down Butter Pecan Waffles with Candied Bacon Topping #RaiseYourMitt #FamilyMealsMonth5:09 PM
National Family Meals Month
Hormel is a big proponent of National Family Meals Month, their products can easily be used as key ingredients to make creating family meals simpler, so that you have more time to spend around the table with your family. There are so many benefits to bringing the family together around the table for a meal.
Family meals eaten at home have been proven to benefit the health and wellness of children and adolescents, to fight obesity, substance abuse and to make families stronger—creating a positive impact on our communities and our nation as a whole.Butter Pecan Waffles with Candied Bacon Topping
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. Splenda sugar blend
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 c. egg substitute
- 1 c. skim milk
- 1/2 c. buttermilk (can use 1/2 c. skim milk and 1 tbsp. lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- chopped pecans
- 1 container of Hormel 100% Real Bacon Pieces
- 1/2 c. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1. Preheat waffle iron and oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix the Hormel Bacon Topping and brown sugar together in a bowl, spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place it in the oven. This will cook for 20 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it, and remove from the oven when the brown sugar has carmelized onto the bacon pieces.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg substitute, melted butter, vanilla, milk and buttermilk.
5. Slowly mix in the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined. Do not over-stir to avoid a chewy waffle. The batter will be lumpy.
7. Top the waffle with fresh maple syrup and your candied bacon topping for a delicious family breakfast!