5 Ingredient Biscuits and Turkey Sausage Gravy #SimpleTurkeyDinners8:42 PM
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Shady Brook Farms. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Simple is the name of my game around here. Between homeschooling the boys full-time, working full-time and trying to plan our next big adventure, there is little time for meal prep and planning. What does that mean? It means I look for easy to make meals that the whole family is sure to love, and I stick with them. That isn't to say we don't branch out to try something new, but when I am in a hurry, we fall back to our easy to make family favorites.
Shady Brook Farms Turkey Products
I have shared my love of Shady Brook Farms Turkey products in the past. Remember by Southwest turkey burger recipe with sour cream salsa? Shady Brook Farms products are perfect for my family because they are a lean substitute for recipes I would usually make with pork or beef, they contain no growth-promoting hormones and they provide a great quality product at an affordable price.
Shady Brook Farms works with over 700 independent farmers to provide products made from the highest quality turkeys that were raised without growth-promoting antibiotics. They carry a wide range of products from ground turkey, to turkey sausages, bone-in and boneless turkey breasts.
Shady Brook Farms Back to School Turkey Tips
- Don’t let the bone intimidate you - look at it as a free bouillon packet to add flavor
- Cook your turkey slowly for the best taste and tenderness
- Use big, bright flavors
- Our turkey loves balanced elements such as fresh citrus and acidic ingredients
- Make sure to remove the skin from the bone-in breast after cooking
5 Ingredient Biscuits and Turkey Sausage Gravy
One of the latest Shady Brook Farms products I have had the chance to try out is their mild Italian sausage. I was a little skeptical at first, because I absolutely love the way pork sausage tastes, but as soon as I smelled the meat browning, I knew it would work perfectly for this quick and easy biscuits and gravy recipe.
- 1 lb. Shady Brook Farms mild Italian Sausage
- 1 pack of refrigerated biscuits
- 3 tbsp. flour
- Whole milk
- 1 tbsp. oil
1. Cook your refrigerated biscuits according to the package instructions.
2. While the biscuits are cooking, heat 1 tbsp. oil of your choosing in a skillet. Add in the Shady Brook Farms mild Italian Sausage with the casing removed.
3. Brown the sausage, stirring often to prevent sticking.
5. Slowly stir in milk until it covers the sausage well. How much you add is really a matter of taste. You can always add more to thin out your gravy if it gets too thick.
6. Continue to cook gravy over medium heat until it thickens. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. You can add salt and pepper to taste if you like, but the Shady Brook Farms mild Italian Sausage has a great flavor on its own.
7. Serve the sausage gravy over an open biscuit and enjoy!
Want to try some Shady Brook Farms recipes for yourself? Look for their products sold in the following states: ME, NH, VT, NY, NJ, MA, VA, RI, CT, PA, MD, DE, WV, NC, SC, GA, and FL. If you live outside of these states, no worries, look for their sister brand, Honeysuckle White. Be sure to follow Shady Brook Farms on Facebook for the latest news and recipe ideas!