A Stress-Free Thanksgiving with Boston Market + $250 GC Giveaway! #HolidayExperts11:34 AM
This post is brought to you in collaboration with Boston Market, all opinions are my own.
The holidays are a stressful and it seems like each year there is more and more to do. Cooking a huge meal for a large number of people may not be on your list of fun things to do, but millions of people nationwide are faced with having to do it each Thanksgiving. If you are one of those who are responsible for cooking the holiday meal, but don't want to tackle it on your own, then Boston Market has you covered. They are open each year on Thanksgiving to help provide families with homestyle meals at an affordable price without the stress that comes along with preparing it.
Boston Market Thanksgiving Meal Options
Boston Market has been open for Thanksgiving for 15 years now, and the demand continues to grow each year. The Boston Market survey results for 2014 reveal that fewer people plan to prepare the entire holiday meal themselves this year, down to 39% this year from 42% last year. If you're anything like me, cooking is not your happy place. I can think of a million things I would rather do, and that is why I am grateful for Boston Market and their willingness to help us out this Thanksgiving. They offer a few different options for Thanksgiving meals.
Full Thanksgiving Day Meal
If you plan to dine out this Thanksgiving, Boston Market is open and offer all of your traditional favorites in their Thanksgiving Day Meal. For $11.99, you get your choice of roasted turkey breast or half signature rotisserie chicken with two home-style sides, freshly baked cornbread and a slice of apple or pumpkin pie. If ordered in advance, you can score a whole roasted turkey holiday meal for 12 for just $99.99!
Hot & Ready Catered Buffet
Have a family or office Thanksgiving meal coming up? Boston Market will take care of all the planning. While supplies last, you can order last minute catering orders until 2pm on November 27th!
A la Carte
Whether you burned the mashed potatoes or just want some help with the Thanksgiving sides, you can come in and order side dishes, desserts and other holiday essentials a la carte on Thanksgiving Day!
Celebrity Partner Lisa Leslie's Creamed Spinach Pie Recipe
This year Boston Market has teamed up with Women's Basket Hall of Fame star Lisa Leslie to provide some stress-free tips and recipes using Boston Market sides as the main ingredient. Check out her recipe for Creamed Spinach Pie below.
Creamed Spinach Pie
- 2 cups Boston Market® Creamed Spinach
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 8-inch prepared pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup fried onions
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place the creamed spinach in a mixing bowl.
3. Whisk eggs and mix with creamed spinach.
4. Fill pie crust with the spinach mixture, top with Gruyere cheese and place in oven.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven. Top with fried onions and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
My Broccoli and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
I was challenged by Boston Market to take one of their incredible homestyle sides, and modify it to turn it into a delicious holiday side dish. I could eat their macaroni and cheese by the bucketful, so choosing it as the main ingredient for my side dish was a no brainer. Check out my easy recipe for Broccoli and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese below, that is guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family!
Broccoli and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 steam in bag package of broccoli florets
- 1 package of bacon pieces (not bits)
- 1 large Boston Market Macaroni and Cheese side
1. Cook the broccoli florets in the microwave according to package directions and then chop into small pieces discarding any stems. You will need about a cup of chopped florets.
2. Measure out half the package of bacon pieces and set them aside to use.
3. Mix your broccoli florets and bacon pieces into the Boston Market Macaroni and Cheese side, place in a serving dish and enjoy!