Fresh for Florida Kids Contest + Healthy Snack Kabob #Recipe3:25 PM
Fresh for Florida Kids' Student Chef Cook-Off
The three recipes chosen will have the right to participate in a regional cook-off held in select Publix Apron Cooking Schools across the state! Contestants will have to recreate and present their healthy snack recipe for a chance to win great prizes! All contestants who are chosen to participate in the cook-off will win a prize, from a free Publix Aprons Cooking School Class to a Sports Authority gift card. They will also hold the title of the "Student Chef Ambassador" for the school year!
Be sure to visit the Florida Department of Agriculture website for more information, rules, and to Enter your snack recipe by September 15th!
Healthy Cinnamon Fruit Kabob RecipeIngredients:
- 2 bananas
- 8 strawberries
- 2 English muffins
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine
- Cinnamon to taste
- Whipped cream for dipping
- Kabob skewers
1. Place the English muffins in the toaster on medium setting.
2. Cut each of the strawberries in half, and slice the banana into large pieces.
5. Start layering the English muffin pieces and fruit onto each skewer. You will use one English muffin halve and two strawberries per kabob.