4 Ways to Reduce Stress + Cinnamon Oatmeal Fall Face Mask8:00 AM
This post is brought to you in collaboration with LifeLock, all opinions are my own.
I'm just going to be real for a minute here. Being a mom who works full-time from home, as well as homeschool's her four boys is hard work. I mean, really hard! I'm not complaining. In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way, but all of this plus regular everyday life adds up to stress you all. Heaps and heaps of stress. What's a girls to do with all the stress, well, stressing her out? Easy, find a way to relieve some of it, so you can go on with your happy self. Below are just some of the ways to reduce stress in your life, along with an awesome cinnamon oatmeal face mask recipe that I like to use!
1. Find Some "Me" Time
This isn't easy, trust me, I know. If you are going to survive as a human being though, you are going to need to carve out some "me" time for yourself. Whether that means leaving the kids with your husband or a family member once a week for an hour or two and escaping to Starbucks, or just locking yourself in the bathroom after the kids go to bed for a bath with a good book, this alone time allows you to recharge your batteries and reduce the stress of the day, week or even month.
2. Find Pleasure in the Small Things
You would be amazed at how much less stressed you feel when you take the time to find pleasure in the small things of each and every day. Take time to literally smell the roses. Cuddle up on the couch with your little one tucked under your arm and watch that movie they have been begging to watch for the umpteenth time. Just find ways to relax and enjoy the small things in life you have been blessed with.
3. Pamper Yourself
This doesn't have to mean $200 massage sessions at the spa. It certainly can, but it can also mean indulging in that square of dark chocolate, sipping a glass of wine in the evening or whipping up your own cinnamon oatmeal face mask in the kitchen. Making yourself feel pampered is a great way to not only feel better, but reduce stress too. Try this face mask and feel the stress melt out of your pores. You can add your favorite Fall scented essential oils too!
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
4 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. ground oats
1. Grind up 1 tbsp. of oats in a blender.
2. Add the oats to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Slather the mask on your skin and wear up to 20 minutes, then wash well with warm water and mild soap.
4. Delegate Important Tasks
One of the best ways I have found to reduce stress is by delegating the important and difficult tasks to other people. A great example of how you can do this is with LifeLock. Do you know how stressful it can be to worry about identity theft? It is so prevalent in this day and age, look at the recent Gmail password data breach, or the Target stolen credit card information slip from last Fall. Scary, right? Instead of stressing about it though, you can delegate that worrying and work to LifeLock.
On the LifeLock Site, you can learn all about their dedication to helping to keep your credit healthy and your identity safe. In fact, the new LifeLock Ultimate Plus program can help reduce stress in a variety of ways.
- They can help cut down on your junk mail by reducing the number of pre-qualified credit card offers you receive.
- LifeLock automatically provides information on breaches of data and essential information so you don't constantly have to keep an eye on the news.
- LifeLock monitors your bank accounts and credit cards for fraudulent activity and alerts you to any problems, so you don't have to worry whether you are traveling or at home.
- No more worrying about computer breaches when you download or stream music and videos. LifeLock notifies you and protects you from file sharing breaches.
Don't want to stress about identity theft anymore? You can get 10% off today on LifeLock Identity Theft Protection with the promo code "LifeLockSafety."
What is your biggest cause of stress or worry about having your identity stolen?