Opioid Dependence a Very Real and Scary Truth9:45 PM
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals Inc. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
Opioid Dependence is something that not everyone knows about, and even fewer truly understand. Opioid Dependence or addiction to prescription painkillers affects millions of American each year, yet common misconceptions by other Americans and doctors across the country often deter those with an addiction from getting the help they need. My ex-husband was addicted to drugs, while he would take prescription painkillers if he got his hands on them, they weren't really his drug of choice. However, having been through a situation like that, I am devoted to raising awareness of this issue and helping anyone addicted to any substance the help they need to be free and live a full life again.
5 Things I Didn't Know About Opioid Dependence
- 67% of Americans and 35% of doctors say they do not know much about Opioid Dependence.
- Opioid Dependence is a chronic medical disease that affects the brain and fools it into thinking the Opioid is necessary for survival.
- Opioid Dependence is a major public health issue that affects approximately 2 million Americans and costs the US $193 billion per year.
- Those with Opioid Dependence can benefit from a combination of medication and behavioral changes.
- Medication for Opioid Dependence is covered by the majority of health insurance companies, and privacy is protected.
Unfortunately, for many, addiction to prescription pain killers is something that results from the legitimate use of these substances in a regulated pain management system. Many people want help with this problem, but are too afraid or embarrassed to ask. Now, there is an anonymous way to get the help they need. TurnToHelp.com is an online resource, where people can go to anonymously research Opioid Dependence, and view their available treatment options!