42 Days and Counting!10:31 AM
Okay, so I know you all are likely going to get sick of hearing me talk about our summer road trip before it actually gets here, but I can't help it. I am so excited! If you have been wondering why I have been missing from the blog this week, this is why. I have been finalizing every last step of our 53 day journey, making reservations and ironing out details. I never knew how long it would take to plan a trip of this magnitude. In the end, we will have driven at total of 6,022 miles and 104 hours, visited 14 states with 18 different camping stops along the way. That is 53 days of outdoor camping fun. Check out where we're going!
1. Alabama Gold Camp - Alabama
2. Bankhead National Forest and Sipsey Wilderness - Alabama
3. Blanchard Springs Caverns - Arkansas
4. Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge - Oklahoma
Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge is courtesy of TripAdvisor
5. Caprock Canyon State Park - Texas
6. Carlsbad Caverns and Guadaloupe Mountains National Park - New Mexico
7. Bandelier National Monument - New Mexico
8. Navajo National Monument - Arizona
9. Grand Canyon North Rim - Arizona
10. Bryce Canyon National Park - Utah
11. Arches National Park - Utah
12. Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
13. Great Sand Dunes National Park - Colorado
14. Dodge City - Kansas
15. Arrow Rock State Historic Park - Missouri
16. Turkey Run State Park - Indiana
17. Grafton, West Virginia. Family Reunion
18. Chattanooga, TN.
There you have it, 53 days of camping under the stars. Be sure to check in here starting June 1st to follow along as we criss-cross the U.S.!