My Top 25 Resolutions for the New Year - Monday Mojo12:08 PM
Yes, I am aware it is the 3rd of January and I am also aware that it is no longer Monday. The boys go back to school on Thursday. Trust me, I know exactly what day it is. However, I have been a little slow on the roll lately, so my Monday Mojo post is going up on Tuesday and if you have not had a chance to join in, you can keep linking up with Eclectic Six Media all week long! Without further ado, I bring you my rather different list of top 25 resolutions for the New Year. Let's face it, I need extras in case one just doesn't work out.on't worry, if you link up, you only need one.
25. Eat at least 2 cookies a week. What is life without cookies?
24. Roll in the grass with the kids at least once a week. Grass stains come out with Tide, but memories are forever!
23. Worry less and laugh more.
22. Smile instead of yell when the kids push my patience. Maybe they will think mommy has lost it and turn it around?
21. Go to a department store and try on ridiculously expensive clothing I would never buy. I can pretend can't I?
20. Remember to paint my fingernails at least once a month. Hey, I'm trying here people.
19. Make funny faces in the mirror instead of stressing over newly found wrinkles or grey hair.
18. Actually cook 5 meals a week. This is a biggie for me. I am a good cook, but I hate doing it.
17. Stop to smell the roses. Well, unless there is a bee, then I will just run like hell.
16. Don't step on a scale all year and just be happy with how I am while trying to lead a healthier lifestyle.
15. Invite more people over without obsessing about what my house looks like and never letting anyone in.
14. Learn how to make balloon animals. Just because.
13. Send out more links to Wil Wheaton collating papers. You just have to know what I mean.
12. Find snow. At some point in this coming year, I will find snow and the boys will play in it.
11. Find a way to help others and have the boys volunteer at least twice a month.
10. Don't let that word with the "F" slip out at ALL. Don't look at me that way, you all aren't perfect either.
9. Spend more time with my mom.
8. Beat my youngest at Yahtzee. It is shameful to admit I have been beaten by a 6 year old.
7. Complete the Zelda Skyward Sword Wii game. This could take a while since I only get about an hour a week and forget how to use the controller in between.
6. Deliver a healthy baby to my IF's. Preferably this will be done without a C-section.
5. Hug my 11 year old on his first day of Middle School whether he wants me to or not. I am leaning towards him not wanting me to.
4. Do not yell at people whose cars clearly did not come equipped with blinkers. It clearly isn't their fault right?
3. Have a whipped cream fight just because I think it would be fun.
2. Do not ever sleep past 10AM on the weekends. So much time wasted.
1. Say thank-you more often for all that I have.