10 of the Dumbest Twitter Spam Messages7:59 AM
Oh, we have all fallen victim to them. The dreaded Twitter spam messages. As I was checking my email this morning, I came across the normal plethora of Twitter "direct message" notifications. I of course click to see if it is anything useful and 99% of the time, it definitely is not. The most useful thing I can say for these types of spam direct messages is that some of them are good for a laugh. Enjoy the montage of the dumbest Twitter spam messages I have compiled below. I am sure some of them will look familiar.
1. Hey dudes check out this great deal dudes and thanks for the follow dudes! (<-Insert virus filled link here.)
2. Is this really you in this photograph ?? (Yep, it is totally me, but let me click your link and get a virus just to be sure.)
3. Hey, I just added you to my Mafia family. You should accept my invitation! :) (I don't play this game or know you, but you used a smiley face, so let me click the link and do it anyway.)
4. To validate click here: (<- Insert another spam link. What exactly am I validating? Parking? That fact that you think I am an idiot?)
5. Добавлю в лист за ретвит, i will add to the list for the retweet. Useful Twitter Services, полезные твиттер сервисы (Ooooh a bi-lingual virus filled spam message. Aren't you all fancy and stuff?)
6. Thanks for following. As a bonus, here's a video that you have to watch. It could change your life. (So I follow you and now I have to watch a video too? One word - "Unfollow.")
7. Wow this really works! i found out who stalks me :P go to (Yes, and if I click your spam link, you can stalk me through the virus you put on my computer.)
8. Your guaranteed income of $3,000 to $8,000 a month from home. (See you suckers, I am going to be living the high life with my new guaranteed income!)
9. This gotta be you in this picture? (Yeah, probably not this time either, but maybe when you learn how to speak properly.)
10. The last one is not necessarily spam, but just a public service announcement. Automatic Direct Messages are kind of annoying. I know, because I used to do it until I was schooled in how annoying and impersonal it is. Please consider not doing this. The last thing people want when they first follow you is to be spammed with a message asking you to follow here, click there, or retweet your tweets.
Have you received a dumb Twitter spam message lately? Feel free to share it below and happy tweeting!