15 of The Weirdest Phobias You Probably Never Heard Of8:14 AM
I was talking with my friends Cheryl and Amanda the other day about posts they put up where they talked about how creepy sock monkeys are and whether that might be a legitimate fear. It turns out that it probably isn't, but there are some really weird fears out there that I bet you have never heard of. These are legit fears, as funny as they may seem to the rest of us and I am sorry for anyone who has them. Hey, I am not one to talk, I am deathly scared of birds myself. Check out this list of some of the weirdest fears!
1. Arithmophobia - Fear of Numbers
That is one way to get out of math class.
2. Fear of Chins - Fear of Chins
I guess I can see this. I mean some are pointy, others look like butts. It could be scary. Right?
3. Ideophobia - Fear of Ideas
It has got to be tough to go through life without every thinking for fear of thinking.
4. Linonophobia - Fear of String
Wow, maybe they are afraid it is a snake or someone is going to strangle them? No idea.
5. Melanophobia - Fear of the Color Black
Me and this person would not get along, since I usually wear something black almost every day.
6. Pentheraphobia - Fear of Your Mother In-Law
Tell me we don't all have this? You know someone developed this just to avoid spending time with her.
7. Verbophobia - Fear of Words
Again, this has got to make school or communication of any kind really rough.
8. Scatophobia - Fear of Fecal Matter
Somewhere right now, there is a man claiming to have this so he doesn't have to change a diaper.
9. Plutophobia - Fear of Wealth
See, I am not money challenged, I just have a fear of wealth I tell ya.
10. Omphalophobia - Fear of Belly Buttons
They do kind of look like a second mouth, which could be kind of freaky I guess.
11. Mageirocophobia - Fear of Cooking
I totally have this! Or at least that is the story I am sticking with.
12. Kleptophobia - Fear of Stealing
Well, that is one way to stay out of trouble.
13. Medomalacuphobia - The Fear of Losing an Erection
Doesn't every man have this? That is why they invented Viagra right?
14. Alliumphobia - Fear of Garlic
Isn't this called being a vampire?
15. Caligynephobia - Fear of Beautiful Women
See, there is hope for me yet. All I need to do is find a man with this fear and he will love me forever!
So, what are you afraid of?