I Survived The 30 Day Shred - What's Next?2:43 PM
As most of you know by now, I have been doing the 30 Day Shred. Well, I am proud to say that I conquered it and finished all 30 days. Actually, it took more like 36 days to get 30 days of the actual video done because of a cold and ankle injury, but I got it done! It wasn't always fun or pretty, but I powered through and am so proud of how much stronger I have become. So what's next?
More shredding of course. I debated what I would do next. I thought about p90X and this new program that Kim at Accidental Mommies is rocking, called Insanity. In the end though, I decided to stick with the 30 Day Shred for an additional month with a 30 minute resistance program on the elliptical added in for extra fat burning! The Shred does a good job of toning and strengthening core muscle groups and I want to focus on getting stronger for the next 30 days before moving on to something more challenging.
5 Things You Need to Know Before Shredding!
1. It will kick your butt! Seriously, unless you are an avid exerciser who works out everyday, there is going to be some degree of pain and butt kicking associated with the 30 Day Shred.
2. Jillian's voice and face are annoying as hell! Yep, she drives me mad. So, after the first few days, I learned to mute her and jam on some Pandora tunes and all is well with the world. I suggest you do the same.
3. You will need to utilize what you learned in Lamaze class. Thought you would never use the Lamaze class lessons again? Well now you can put them to good use once more. Finding a focal point and using many of the same methods as I used to get through natural child birth really helped me focus and push through when I thought I could not do it anymore.
4. Some days it will suck. Okay, most days it will suck. Then one day, you will find yourself excited about your Shred time. I know, it shocked the heck out of me too. I found that I could not go to sleep knowing I had skipped a day and so I pushed myself during some late night workouts just to get it in.
5. The 30 Day Shred is not about weight loss. This is important to note. The Shred is not so much about weight loss, but more about toning. If you are looking to drop major pounds, you need to focus on more cardio. By all means do the Shred too, but don't depend on it for lots of weight loss. I lost about 4 pounds, but also lost nearly 12 inches overall!
I kept crummy records and have no before or after pictures this go around, but I am posting a picture today that will serve as my before for this next 30 days of shredding. I will post updates every 10 days as I progress to a new level so that you can hopefully see how the Shred works! I warn you though, it is not pretty and please excuse the
Anyone else currently doing the 30 Day Shred or want to join in this go around?