Chris Brogan Talks About CRAP!12:58 PM
Unless you have been hiding under a rock in the online world, you likely had heard Chris Brogan's name from time to time. After having the opportunity to hear him speak at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration yesterday afternoon, I just have to say, the man is a freaking genious. Not in a disturbed I am not all there way like Albert Einstein, but in a fun loving and all kinds of awesome kind of way. Anyone who can refer to themselves as a self-professed man bag whore is A-okay in my book. He even talked about CRAP!
Yep, you heard me, the man talked about CRAP, which is his analogy for how to find success online. This plan is so straight forward, that when you hear it, you wonder how in the world you didn't of it before.Ready?
C is for Connections
Connections are what is going to help you grow your audience, advance further and create a loyal following. Always be the connector, putting people together. Work on your connections and network every single day!
R is for Referrals
Chris Brogan recommended the book Referral Engine by John Jantz to us and pointed out that giving and receiving referrals is one of the most important keys to connecting and success.
A is for Attention or Awareness
Put yourself out there and be seen! Pay attention to detail and your audience. Put your pictures and videos up there right away. Bring attention and awareness to your audience.
P is for Presence
Don't worry about branding, just work on being yourself. Good enough is good enough and stop worrying about being perfect when posting or interacting. Keep a steady flow of content going and don't worry whether each word is perfect, just be yourself.
Other Misc. Advice
- Rethink your use of importing your RSS feed directly into Twitter. When you put up a new post, you are inundating the same readers with the same information in multiple locations and it can get annoying.
- Make a daily list of what you want to get done that day and where you want to make your money. This will help you stay focused and get more accomplished.
- Don't leave multiple browsers open. It actually makes you less productive because you rush to check new emails, tweets or comments instead of focusing on the current task.
- You have to do something on video. Youtube is the number 2 search engine online and you should be a part of it, but be brief and speak clearly. Also, editing videos is good manners and should be done. Good audio is more important than a good picture when it comes to video.
- Learn to utilize new ways to monetize to take advantage of traffic on distribution channels like Twitter and Facebook instead of always sending traffic back to your blog to make money.