Tasty Tuesdays - Homemade Banana Nut Bread1:08 PM
Okay, apparently I am on a bread kick this week. Since I found the great blog hop Tasty Tuesdays, I thought it would be a great idea to work it into my Microwave to Martha Stewart challange. So, without further ado, I bring you Day 6 of the challange and a recipe for Banana Nut Bread. This was really easy to make, if not a little messier than the regular homemade bread from yesterday. It makes two big loaves though and is super yummy!
1 cup softened butter
2 cups sugar
6 tsp.baking powder
4 cups of all purpose flour
5 mashed bananas
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Place sugar and softened butter into a mixing bowl and mix until well blended. Add eggs and mix again until blended. It should look like the photo below when you are done.
2. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 6 tsp. baking powder and 2 cups of sugar to the mixing bowl and blend well. Continue to add the flour into the mixing bowl a 1/2 cup at a time until you reach a total of 4 cups. This makes it easier to mix thoroughly.
3. Place the 5 mashed bananas and 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans into the mixer and blend together well.
4. Stop to let your little helper lick the leftover batter!
5. Pour the batter into two bread loaf pans sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and place in the oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
6. Remove the loaves from the oven and from the pans when finished and place on a rack or counter to cool.