Simple Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells Recipe9:43 AM
You will notice a new feature at the bottom of my challenge posts from now on. I decided to add a recipe linky so that everyone could share recipes from their own site each day. The linkys will stay open for a week after the post is up, so feel free to return and linkup at a later date!
Apparently I like finding recipes or just dinner ideas and making the rest up to fit my own needs. The recipe I based this meal off of was originally a chicken and broccoli recipe, but I changed it around a bit to one I thought we would like more. What I ended up with was Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells in a Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce!
1 Jar roasted red pepper alfredo sauce (I used Classico. I know I didn't make my own)
1 lb chicken breasts.
1 package of frozen chopped spinach.
2 c. mozzarella cheese
1 box of large pasta shells
1. Cook and shred chicken breasts (I made mine in the crock pot the day before). Cook and strain chopped spinach and cook pasta shells until slightly al dente.
2. Mix together the cheese, spinach and shredded chicken in a bowl. It is easier if your chicken is still slightly warm as it molds the ingredients together when the cheese begins to melt.
3. Line the bottom of a casserole dish with a thin layer of alfredo sauce.
4. Stuff shells with the cheese, spinach and chicken mixture. Place the stuffed shells on top of the alfredo sauce in the casserole dish. Top with more alfredo sauce.
5. Bake shells in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until the top of the shells are lightly browned.
Link Up Your Recipe Posts!