Microwave to Martha Stewart - Day 6 Pork Chops with a Pecan Honey Glaze12:32 PM
For Day 6 of the Microwave to Martha Stewart challenge, I decided to get a little creative with pork chops. I normally do not buy or eat pork chops, but ordered food from Angel Food Ministries and pork chops were included in the box. I search around until I found something that I thought we would like and then I tweaked it to fit our needs. This was seriously good and someone (we won't mention names) stuffed himself so full that he was not too happy the rest of the night.
1-1 1/2 lbs. thin cut boneless pork chops
1/4 c. All Purpose Flour
1/4 c. Italian Style Bread Crumbs
1 egg or two egg whites
salt and pepper to taste
3 tbls. light butter (we use Country Crock Light)
1/2 c. Honey
1/2 c. Chopped Pecans
1. Beat together an egg or two egg whites in a bowl. Mix together 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste. Spread the dry mixture over a dinner plate. Dip the pork chops in the egg mixture and then dredge in the flour mixture until they are coated evenly.
2. Place butter in a skillet and cook pork chops over medium high heat until well browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center. Roughly 4-5 minutes per side.
3. Place cooked porchops on a plate and cover to keep warm.
4. Pour honey and pecans into a skillet with the drippings from the pork chops and stir until honey thins.
5. Pour honey pecan glaze over the pork chops and serve.
We served ours with cornbread dressing and a cauliflower casserole, but you could really serve it with just about anything.
Do you have a favorite pork chop recipe?